Friday, July 5, 2013

Space Dwarf - Space Dwarf Studios

Back to the Dwarfing Board...

As an older individual I've learned there are times I just don't understand why some particular item in popular cultural is considered hip, cool, funny or even socially relevant.  For instance, I don't understand why either of the Justins are considered to be so hot; either Bieber or Timberlake.  I certainly don't understand the popularity of Fox News as a news source.  Sadly, among those things I just don't understand, Space Dwarf has just moved up to number five on the list.

Now as anyone who reads my reviews knows, I got nothing but love for the small indie companies.  I've even got love for the micro-indie companies.  Hell, let a kid hand me a couple of pieces of paper stapled together with pencil drawings on them and I'm gonna give his/her book a good review if it is at all in my power to do so.  Sometimes however, all the love in the world just isn't enough to make something good when it isn't, and unfortunately that's the case with Space Dwarf.

This book could have been funny, maybe even should have been funny, but in the end it was so poorly written, terribly punctuated and dreadfully edited that it just fell flatter than a souffle baking in an oven during a Metallica drum solo.  Sorry Marcus, but this one needs to go back to the Dwarfing Board.  Better luck next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello fanboys and girls.

Gotta a little love you'd like share? Go right on ahead and feel free to lay it on me. (Even if it's the tough kind.)

Just remember, the only place anonymous comments ever land, is on the cutting room floor...