Monday, April 27, 2009

Rapture - Dark Horse Comics

Rapture


The more I see of this project the more I like it. I'd normally give a comic book involving cannibals an inferior rating as the genre isn't one of my favorites, (Not to my taste.) however, I think this book has legs and will prove to be an interesting read.

Check out the preview at Dark Horse Presents, Rapture and I think you'll see what I mean. Also take a look at the sneak peeks of the art pages here too. See what I mean? Tasty goodness from the team of Michael Oeming and Taki Soma.

After a century of war between the great villains and the great champions of Earth they suddenly vanish. The planet is trashed and we the people are left to pick up the pieces. Two young lovers, Evelyn and Gil, are separated by the distance of a continent, but they'll do anything to reunite again. The situation gets complicated when a being called "The Word" turns Evelyn into a champion and gives her an angelic spear. Yeah, I like it too!

Love versus destiny, which one wins out? I guess we'll just have to read the series and find out.

C'mon, give these kids a break and buy the damn book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello fanboys and girls.

Gotta a little love you'd like share? Go right on ahead and feel free to lay it on me. (Even if it's the tough kind.)

Just remember, the only place anonymous comments ever land, is on the cutting room floor...