Saturday, February 6, 2010

Applegeeks...

Smart, contemporary and darn funny!


Okay, I'm a big enough man to admit I'm wrong. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I'm perfectly willing to man up and admit it. So here goes. I was wrong, not all web comics suck. Thanks to a new buddy of mine who's been making some pretty good recommendations about things I might be interested in checking out, I have at long last been directed to a truly well written and illustrated web comic, applegeeks.

Written by Ananth Panagariya and illustrated by Mohammad F. Haque, applegeeks is a sophisticated and polished running commentary on everything Hip in American culture today. From the latest in technological toys to what's hot on television or in the movie theaters applegeeks has something to say about a variety of hot topics. And they're laugh out loud funny!

At the heart of applegeeks is a story about a group of young kids trying to find their place in the world while mastering the technology driving the culture around them. Armed with an impressive array of Apple hardware, laptops and cellphones there's no problem too big for these stalwart adventurers to handle. This is social networking at it's best and an adventure not to be missed. Teen angst has never been more fun.

Thanks go out to my bud, "The Sock Monkey of Love" for pointing my browser in the direction of this amazing web comic. Dude, you always seem to know where to find the good stuff...

If you're like me and just can't get enough of the goodness that is applegeeks online you can always check out these amazing TPB collections of applegeeks here and here. Trust me, it's the most fun you can have with your I-Pad turned off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello fanboys and girls.

Gotta a little love you'd like share? Go right on ahead and feel free to lay it on me. (Even if it's the tough kind.)

Just remember, the only place anonymous comments ever land, is on the cutting room floor...